Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Try This Out !!!!

So I started running into some performance problems ROM's. I found out that the dalvik-cache gets carried over between ROM installs and that it can cause problems and that I should delete it, wipe my phone and start again.I have this little guide to follow:

Ok ... so reboot into cyanogen's recovery
note:--i am assuming you know about cyanogen's recovery if not then http://tinyurl.com/lxwgyl

Press (Alt+x) to enter the console

Enter the following commands ...

mount system
mount system/sd
rm -rf system/sd/dalvik-cache
umount system/sd
umount system
recovery

This will bring you back to recovery, from there perform the "Data Wipe" option in the menu.

When it's done reboot and you should be all good. Of course you'll have to redo your settings, but your apps will reinstall properly.

Well the results have been amazing. I performed the wipe this morning and I can say that this is the “FASTEST ROM I HAVE EVER RUN”. I thought it was fast when I first made the change, but ever since my fix this morning, it’s gone into turbo mode.

No comments:

Post a Comment